We have finally overcome the litany of issues plaguing the retail distribution of The Age of Conversation –and are now planning an Age of Conversation Bum Rush. That’s right, we want to bring this ground-breaking work to a wider audience and have now made it available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other quality retail book selling sites.
But wait! Don’t rush out just yet to purchase your copy. Hold off until March 29. Here’s why … Chris Wilson has set out a plan of action designed to push the Age of Conversation up the best seller charts. Here’s how it works …
Plan of Action for March 29, 2008 …
Here’s the plan of attack, thanks to Chris. We need everyone’s help to make this a success. Remember, not only do you get a copy of a great book, but the children of Variety’s LifeLine literally get the gift of life.
The idea is to generate as many touch points around the web as possible so that it will be hard not to spot the Age of Conversation activity.
- Buy the Book & send others to buy the book. This is the number 1 call to action, because this is where we want to see the most impact. NOTE: Please buy 1 copy at a time because Amazon counts bulk orders once, and please use this affiliate link, which will help us in tracking sales. Remember, all the proceeds from the book sales and referrals will go to charity. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1847992994?ie=UTF8&tag= drewmclellan-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325& creativeASIN=1847992994
- Blog About It – Make sure you have a prominent link to the Amazon listing so that readers can easily purchase the book. (Remember to use the affiliate link above. All of these earnings will go to charity as well.)
- Twitter Commentary – Join Gavin, Chris and I as we give a Bum Rush play-by-play on Twitter. (Follow us: @Freshpeel, @DrewMcLellan, @servantofchaos) We also ask that everyone saying anything about the Bum Rush to use the code #AOC so that it can be picked up by Twemes.com
- Trackback or Comment on the post that Chris leaves on March 29, at 12am CST, so that everyone can follow the conversation and help promote exposure on social sites (Digg, StumbleUpon, Del.icio.us, etc.)
- Digg the posts listed on Chris’ site and send emails and shouts to friends requesting Diggs.
- Stumble the posts listed & tell friends to do the same.
- Bookmark your posts on Del.icio.us
- Add your post to other social media outlets ( Technorati, Ma.gnolia, Furl, BlinkList, Newsvine, Facebook, etc.)
- Send an Old Fashioned email to your friends about the Bum Rush for AoC.
- Keep talking – Get on ooVoo, iChat, Aim, or where ever you like to talk, and start talking.
What you can do right now …
- Spread the word – Surely you are connected to people outside of your marketing cronies. Start talking … hence the word “conversation” in the title of the book.
- Add the Join the Rush Badge to your Blog or Web page. (Just copy and paste the HTML code below.)
<a href="http://freshpeel.com/2008/03/AOC_BumRush_March/"><img src="http://www.freshpeel.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/AOC_banner.jpg" alt="Join the Age of Conversation Bum Rush on March 29th" /></a>
- Blog about It – Make sure everyone gets the word that the Bum Rush is on…and we need their help.
- Create a podcast or video and upload to Youtube or other streaming video site (Maybe David Brazeal or Anna Farmery can do a special edition?).
- Add your Reviews and tags on Amazon – Right now the Amazon page looks a little naked. Help fill it up!
- Join the Facebook Group – This is a great way to connect with all of the AOC writers and fans. You can join the group here.
- Become an AOC Fan on Facebook – Show your love for AOC. Yet another awesome way to connect with AOC writers and fans. Join AOC fan page here.
- Add AOC to Wikipedia – Any experts on Wikipedia guidlines? Made to Stick is a good example of what can be included.
We need your help to make this work. Basically, buy everyone buying a copy on March 29th, we will push Age of Conversation up Amazon’s charts, which will get other people’s attention and hopefully encourage them to buy. Wouldn’t it be cool if Age was the #1 selling book on Amazon that day?
Please help us make this day a huge success for Age and for the kids of Variety.