Image via Wikipedia
The right logo is a critical element of a business' ability to communicate who they are and what they do. Designing one of a kind logos is a big part of the branding work we do at MMG.
I also know that not every business can afford us. Many start ups or small businesses aren't ready to engage an agency. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't have a good logo that gets them noticed.
In today's world, there are alternatives for those who aren't ready to get an agency's help.
A while ago, I introduced you to HP's MarketSplash — a web-based shop that will allow you to design your own logo from some templated objects or engage one of their designers to design a custom logo for you.
Another site is Logo Inn, out of the UK. They've agreed, as sort of a "blog lab experiment," to donate one of their bronze packages (6 logo concepts designed by two designers and once the logo is selected, a stationery package design) to a Marketing Minute reader.
So how will we choose the lucky business? Here are the rules:
- If you'd like to be considered, send me an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) telling me about your organization and show me what you're using now for your logo
- Please put "logo design" in your subject line
- All entries must be received by next Friday, March 20th
- The winner has to be willing to have the entire process documented on the blog
- The winner will complete an elaborate creative brief about their business, customers etc. that I will publish on the blog
- All the design options will be revealed here on the blog
- The winner has to be willing to let me make some suggestions in terms of revisions etc. of the logo
- The winner has to be willing to actually use this new logo/look (it's not fair to do it just for the fun of it and rob someone else of the chance to win)
Whether you win or not — this will be a learning lab that you can use to create the right logo for your organization! We'll walk through the process together, step by step. By the time we're done — you'll be ready to oversee your own logo creation.
If you've already got a logo you love — be sure to tell your peers who might benefit from this about the contest. Let's give someone a makeover that will take their business to the next level.
This is a brilliant idea! What better way to show off your team’s talents and simultaneously use your blog to educate your readership on the logo design process.
I’ll send my submission this weekend!
Keep up the great posts.
The Business Insider Blog (www.TimRosaBlog.com)
Good to have you stop by. Actually, it won’t be my team doing the logo design. We’re going to showcase the folks from Logo Inn.
I’m as curious as everyone else about how well they’ll do. But no matter what happens — we’ll all take the journey together!