November 17, 2007
There’s that famous scene where Kevin Costner goes into a very passionate recitation of his beliefs which got Starbucker to think about his own. He invited his readers to share theirs…and voila, a meme is born.
This feels like the time of year when we should pause and know what we believe in. Do you?
Here’s what I said a year ago. I’m pleased to say, they haven’t changed a bit.
- being a dad is the most important thing I’ll ever do and that my daughter is my legacy to this world.
- in God’s grace.
- passion cannot be ignored.
- in the healing powers of walking along the ocean.
- in savoring when you hit the sweet spot…and knowing how to recreate it.
- everyone should have at least one guilty pleasure and one place that makes them feel like a kid again. (Mine is Disney World!)
- life’s best smells are babies, a puppy’s belly, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, the softness of a special perfume as you dance to a slow song and a horse barn. (I do not necessarily recommend that these smells be mixed)
- good people become great people when they give from their hearts and that most bad people are good people who are stuck.
- we are never too old to play and be silly.
- that nothing says I love you quicker than holding hands.
- baseball is a metaphor for life and that doing what’s right often means hitting a sacrifice bunt.
- the word empower should be removed from the English language.
- we all decide the spirit of our day.
- in the resilience of the human spirit, the depth of the human heart and the potential of the human imagination.
- that everything is about relationships and people hunger to connect.
- I am on this earth to be a part of things bigger than myself, to give all that I have and to love without hesitation or reservation.
What do you say…will you join in? Grab hold of your heart…and tell us and your readers (if you’re a blogger) what you believe in.
Here are some of the other posts in the meme.
Come on — join in. Link or track back to this post so I can add your beliefs to the list! If you don’t have a blog –share your beliefs in the comments section!More